Bluegrass Digital is a leading digital production agency, working with both South African and international client accounts. We are looking for a dynamic and resourceful graduate QA Tester to join our team. You will work closely with all the Bluegrass teams including the Project Management; Development; Design and UX teams. Our Solutions Strategist will oversee and provide mentorship to ensure that you are trained on how to do your role and how to follow the QA Checklist standards to ensure maximum quality across all our projects.
- A degree or similar qualifications
- 6 12 months+ experience within an IT or agency environment
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and verbal
- Sharp eye for detail you don’t miss anything!
- Military like organizational and time management skills, with the ability to very comfortably juggle multiple projects/tasks
- Using project management tools like JIRA (would be advantageous)
- Skills in Microsoft Excel and Word (would be advantageous)
- Understanding of Content Management Systems i.e. products like WordPress Umbraco; Episerver (would be advantageous)
- Understanding of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) (would be advantageous)
- Cross-platform testing large Website Applications; and Mobile Apps (iOS, Android)
- Follow the QA Checklist standards for all QA projects
- Create Selenium scripts wherever possible for test cases, saved against the Test Case ticket in Redmine.
- Develop strong ‘hands-on’ debugging abilities with a talent for putting yourself in the user’s shoes and troubleshooting both functional and usability issues.
- Stay abreast of UX best practices by reading popular blogs and follow UX industry thought leaders so that you can think about UX testing and functional design testing
- Understand browser, mobile device and operating system compatibilities, limitations & quirks
- From a CMS user perspective, become a master of the various Content Management Systems Bluegrass implements for clients ( Umbraco, EPiServer, WordPress
- You should have a creative eye and the ability to review designs against the final product and pick out those minuscule 1 pixels off bugs and inherently understand when something ‘feels wrong’ within the user experience
- A team player with good interpersonal skills
- A passion for the online industry a true digital enthusiast!
Click here for full job spec.
We are always looking for talented individuals!