Our initial task was to stabilise the current corporate website and hosting platform. The site was experiencing random downtime and errors. In addition, the content management system was not correctly implemented to the required standards resulting in the communications team struggling to fully manage the site content.
As a leading Umbraco Certified Partner, our first task was to stablise the existing website and move it onto a more stable and secure managed hosting environment. Our second task was to re-platform the site on a new version of Umbraco while including new website templates incorporating updated CI guidelines.
- Information architecture review
- Content repository based on agreed taxonomy structure
- New designs with mobile breakpoints incorporating new CI guidelines
- New CSS template development including full digital style guide creation
- Full implementation of Umbraco CMS with multi-site set-up
- Enterprise deployment strategy with QA, UAT and Production environments
- Continuous Integration with ongoing Managed Services Support
As a leading international service provider in the oil and gas sector as well as a listed company on the FTSE 250, we delivered a new website platform that would ensure a secure, stable and scalable website. This would ensure the Petrofac team had the right tools to provide effective communication, improve SEO and meet their regulatory requirements as a public company.
The new website gave Petrofac improved information architecture, new search tools and full content management control over their content. The new Umbraco CMS was built with flexibility in mind providing for component-based widgets within page templates. This would allow for more flexibility to create new pages without the need for constant development support.
The new platform has enabled Petrofac to respond to analytics and insights by continually improving site content. A clear success factor came in December 2018 when Petrofac was ranked the no.1 best website in a survey of the 200 largest companies by Comprend.